Wednesday, May 12, 2021

You can't depreciate an appreciating aset

 Or can you?

Quite the conundrum for CPAs going forward.

Used car/truck prices are up 16.7% this year alone.

I'm sure equipment values are tracking well with this number.

But being a gubmint thing this unfortunate situation can be deleted with a couple of strokes on a keyboard.

Doesn't fix the underlying problem.

They hardly ever do.

I believe we have reached the really really fast part in going bankrupt.

Enjoy the decline comrades.


2 comments:

  1. Good thing I got my used Chevy 1500 back in early '19. '04 with about 160K miles on it, exterior and most of the interior immaculate. Glad I paid cash for it back then...right around 10K.
    If I waited till now to get it, the used ones are running around 18-19K today because of the chip shortage on the new trucks. They have thousands of new trucks sitting at Kentucky Speedway waiting on the chips.
    This country is going tits up on a greased stripper pole.

    ReplyDelete